The chipKIT PGM is a simple, low cost, module that supports in-system programming and debugging of applications written for Microchip PIC based microcontroller boards such as the chipKIT™ and Cerebot boards.
The chipKIT PGM is designed to work with the MPLAB® and MPLAB® X development environments available from Microchip. This allows the chipKIT boards, for example, to be used as a more traditional microcontroller development platform using the professional tools available from Microchip. While the PICkit3 programmer can generate programming voltages needed to program all Microchip PIC devices, the chipKIT PGM can only program devices that are programmable with 3.3V programming voltage. Further, the PICkit3 can source a small amount of current to provide power to some boards being programmed. The chipKIT PGM does not provide power to the board being programmed.
The chipKIT PGM can also be used to enable in-system debugging of sketches developed using the Arduino™ compatible MPIDE development environment.
- Provides in-system programming and debugging for Microchip PIC-based microcontroller boards
- Intended for use with the chipKIT MX3, Max32, Uno32, and uC32
- Designed to work with the MPLAB® and MPLAB® X development environments available from Microchip
- Can also be used to enable in-system debugging of sketches developed using the Arduino™-compatible MPIDE development environment
- Comes with a USB A-MiniB cable and a right-angle 6 pin header